CANCELLATION POLICY AMENDMENT DUE TO COVID-19 PANDEMIC. (UPDATED May 2, 2020)
If you do not feel comfortable traveling in this time period, we would encourage you to consider re-booking with us in the near future.
Guests who book after April 1 will be subject to standard cancellation policies and procedures. All reservations will be refunded in the event there is a government mandate to close our business.
Reservation arrivals between May 15 and May 31 can opt to move their reservation and will not lose any money. They can also cancel their reservation and receive 100% of their rental deposit back minus their administrative fee. All new reservations for May 1 and beyond will be held to standard cancellation policy.
We know many of you love Gatlinburg and we would love to be the first to welcome you back. Our homes are undergoing deep cleans currently and extra cleaning and sanitation is taking place between rentals. We enoucourage our guests to demonstrate safe practices of social distancing, frequent hand washing and staying home if you are sick or demonstrate any conditions similar to COVIS-19. Beginning May 1 all homes will be equipped with clean sheets and pillows, and one 100% cotton waffle blanket per bed. These will all be cleaned between reservations. We encourage you to bring extra blankets for those that like more covers at night. Also, for the unforseen future we will discontinue linen exchange during visits and encourage you to use the washer dryer in your home or to bring extra towels in the event your home is not equipped with a washer/dryer.
To protect guests and employees we will not be available for onsite maintenance calls during your visit. Please call and let us know how we can address an issue in the house or assist you. In the event that a major repair is needed, we will need to switch the house you are staying in. Be assured this will be the great exception as we are regularly inspecting the homes.
We appreciate your support of our business and we wish you a safe and relaxing vacation.
- STANDARD RESERVATIONS
- There are no check-ins or check-outs on Thanksgiving or Christmas Days as our office is closed. You must provide a credit card to secure this reservation request. When booking your reservation you are required to pay 50% down at time of booking and the remaining balance is due 14 days prior to arrival. Each reservation is subject to a non refundable service fee which varies depending on the size of the house. This service fee includes a hot tub fee, maintenance of the property, and administrative costs. If you do not want to use your credit card online, you must call the office to make the reservation. Guests must stay in the same chalet seven consecutive nights to get the seventh night free. Rates are subject to change without notice. Confirmed reservation rates will be honored. In lieu of a $300.00 security deposit we offer damage insurance by CSA. Instead of paying hundreds of dollars up front, simply make a one-time payment of $29.00 for coverage up to $3,000.
- CSA SECURITY DEPOSIT PROTECTION
- Plan covers unintentional (accidental) damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay, provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. If, during your stay at one of our Rental Properties, an Insured Person causes any damage to real or personal property of the unit as a result of inadvertent acts or omissions, the Insurer will reimburse the Insured for the cost of repair or replacement of such property up to a maximum benefit of $3,000. Any damages that exceed $3,000 will be charged to the credit card on file. Certain terms and conditions apply. Full details of the Security Deposit Protection coverage are contained in the Certificate of Insurance or Insurance Policy. The Security Deposit Protection can be purchased up to, and including, at check-in. By submitting payment for this plan, you authorize and request CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services to pay directly Mountain Laurel Chalets any amount payable under the terms and conditions of the Security Deposit Protection. Please contact Mountain Laurel Chalets directly if you do not wish to participate in this plan or assignment.
– Remaining balance is due 14 days prior to arrival. If you do not wish to use the same credit card you made your reservation with you must contact us otherwise the credit card you provided will be charged automatically. We accept MONEY ORDERS, PERSONAL CHECKS, VISA, Discover, MasterCard, or AMERICAN EXPRESS. No personal check accepted less than 45 days prior to arrival. Returned checks are automatically forwarded to a collection agency with an additional $39.00 fee added for collection.
- In case of cancellations there will be no refunds if you are inside your cancellation period. Cancellation periods are as follows: 1-4 bedrooms require a 30 day notice. 5-8 bedrooms 6 weeks notice. 12 bedrooms 12 weeks notice. If you are outside your cancellation period you will receive a 90% refund minus the service fee or 100% credit to another reservation. If proper notice is not given as indicated, the deposit will be forfeited. You will be allowed to make one change in your dates or chalet at no charge as long as you are outside your cancellation period. After that, you will be charged $ 50.00 for each additional change. No changes are allowed if you are inside your cancellation period. We strongly recommend that you purchase Travel Insurance from CSA in order to protect your vacation in case something unexpectedly happens.
See an overview of the policy at WWW.VACATIONRENTALINSURANCE.COM or call (866) 999-4018. NO REFUNDS DUE TO WEATHER CONDITIONS. CHAINS OR FOUR-WHEEL DRIVE VEHICLES REQUIRED IN WINTER MONTHS IN THE EVENT OF INCLEMENT WEATHER. WE CANNOT PROVIDE ANY TRANSPORTATION FOR OUR GUESTS.
We allow no weddings, wedding receptions, Graduation Parties, Group parties, House parties. All reservations must be made by someone at least 21 years of age who is staying in the chalet.