20 Sep 2023
Friends, the time has arrived. You know...the season we've all been waiting for? That's right—autumn is now upon us! It's time for cooler weather, sweaters and sweatshirts, apple cider, and—you guessed it—s'mores! While s'mores can be made and enjoyed year round, there's something about the onset of the fall season that just seems to make them taste better.
If you're a newbie to the world of s'mores, allow us to offer our condolences for all the years you've missed out on. We count it a privilege, though, to now educate you properly! The basic s'more is comprised of a roasted marshmallow and a square of Hershey's milk chocolate, with 2 honey graham cracker halves sandwiching the two in between. However, there are now also many variations of the original recipe, some of which are really fun!
- Potato Chip S'mores: You're already salivating, aren't you? Replace the honey graham crackers with thick kettle-cooked potato chips, and prepare for life as you know it to be forever changed. You're welcome.
- Rice Crispy Treat S'mores: What's better than a marshmallow-y Rice Crispy Treat for dessert? Two Rice Crispy Treats sandwiching milk chocolate and a roasted marshmallow. Who needs honey graham crackers anyway?
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cup S'mores: Replace your square of chocolate with a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. Top it with a roasted marshmallow, and throw them both on a graham cracker for maximum peanut-buttery-y goodness.
- Candied Bacon S'mores: Take some strips of bacon and coat them lightly in brown sugar. Lay them on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Pop them into an oven at 400°F, and let them bake for approximately 15-25 minutes, or until the bacon becomes irresistibly crispy. Afterward, place them on some paper towels to drain and cool, and voila... you've got yourself some mouthwatering candied bacon. Add a strip, along with a roasted marshmallow and a piece of dark chocolate, to your graham crackers, and you'll think you've died and gone to s'more heaven!
- Biscoff Cookie Butter S'mores: Roast a marshmallow and replace the traditional milk chocolate with a schmear of Biscoff Cookie Butter. It'll take your s'more to a new level!
- Samoa Cookie S'mores: Save a box of the world's best Girl Scout cookies, the Samoas, and replace the traditional milk chocolate with a cookie. That's right—a cookie (the Samoa) on another cookie (the honey graham cracker) with a roasted marshmallow thrown in for good measure. Pure. Bliss.
A handful of Mountain Laurel Chalets properties offer outdoor fire pits, which provide the perfect place to gather with friends and family to enjoy the weather, the stars, and some chocolate-marshmallow-graham-cracker goodness! Check out the options below, and plan your fall trip to Gatlinburg today!
4 beds ◊ 2 baths ◊ sleeps 9
Welcome to the Appalachian Dream Lodge, a hand-cut and hand-built mountain retreat in the heart of the Smoky Mountains. This Gatlinburg cabin rental combines rustic charm with modern amenities for an unforgettable stay. The home is located less than half a mile from Ober Mountain ski resort, and also offers easy access to downtown Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, and Great Smoky Mountain National Park.
2 beds ◊ 2 baths ◊ sleeps 4
Welcome to Cozy Creek Cottage, a Gatlinburg vacation rental property that is the epitome of luxury and comfort! Step into this prestigious two bedroom, two bathroom retreat which is part of the exclusive 100 Collection™ and prepare to be amazed. Situated less than half a mile from downtown Gatlinburg, this professionally-decorated chalet exudes a charming cottage aesthetic that will capture your heart.
2 beds ◊ 2 baths ◊ sleeps 4
Welcome to Dogwood Cottage, a newly renovated two-bedroom, two-bathroom Gatlinburg vacation rental property that exudes charm and sophistication. The home sits conveniently near the base of Ski Mountain, making it a breeze to reach downtown Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, and the magnificent Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Adventure awaits just around the corner, so grab your crew and consider a trip today!
6 beds ◊ 6 baths ◊ sleeps 14
This Gatlinburg cabin is part of The Retreat at Deerview Trail, and is also a member of The 100 Collection™, a prestigious curation of rental properties across the US. The Lodge boasts six large king bedrooms, each with a private bathroom. All bedrooms face the majestic Mt. LeConte with uncompromised views from each level. The property is full of amenities and boasts some of the best views in town!
2 beds ◊ 2 baths ◊ sleeps 4
This home is as close to heaven on earth as we've found. Surrounded by lush woods and boasting a long-range view that will take your breath away, Sanctuary Song will allow you to feel at one with nature from the moment you step out of your vehicle. Inside, a wall of giant windows blends the beauty of outdoors with a peaceful interior. A lofted pool table, a hot tub, and an indoor whirlpool jacuzzi make the cabin one to remember!
3 beds ◊ 2 baths ◊ sleeps 6
This cabin is all about embracing a timeless mid-century-modern style, offering you spacious comfort, elegant furnishings, and complete privacy. Every detail has been carefully crafted for your ultimate comfort and enjoyment. Luxurious showers, fully tiled baths, gleaming granite countertops, and memory-foam mattresses ensure you experience the utmost in rest and relaxation
7 beds ◊ 8 baths ◊ sleeps 20
Smoky Mountain Memories is the former residence of the founders of Mountain Laurel Chalets and has been painstakingly transformed into a retreat that honors their continuing legacy, providing the finest in vacation living. It is part of The 100 Collection™, a prestigious curation of rental properties across the US. and offers a fire pit, hot tub, foosball, a pool table, and magnificent views of Mt. LeConte from a large deck.
4 beds ◊ 4 baths ◊ sleeps 8
Mountain Laurel House is nestled on Ski Mountain in Gatllinburg, and a delight for the whole family. It offers serenity, privacy, and plenty of space to spread out and enjoy the wonder of the Smokies. Along with comfortable furnishings, beautiful decor, and a mountain view, this property offers a hot tub and a pool table, perfect for some friendly competition. This home away from home will have you resting and relaxing in no time!
1 bed ◊ 1 bath ◊ sleeps 4
This cozy chalet is just the right size for two people, and it even has a loft with space for a couple more! With easy access to downtown Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Ober Mountain resort, and Great Smoky Mountains National Park, this A-frame beauty is decorated with the mountains in mind. The pine wood home with original hardwood floors will give you a feel for mountain living, and offers a hot tub and private deck space.
3 beds ◊ 3 baths ◊ sleeps 10
The magnificent Wood Fern Lodge, a 100 Collection™ property in Gatlinburg, boasts expert craftsmanship that will impress and wow even the most distinguished of travelers. Serenity and natural beauty are available in excess, and you’ll quickly feel removed from the hustle and bustle of life. Guests are routinely stunned by the architectural prowess, attention to detail, and incredible variety of amenities this home boasts.
We hope you'll decide to come and get s'more Smoky Mountain sweetness in Gatlinburg this fall (or anytime, for that matter)! If we can assist you in finding a property to suit your needs, please don't hesitate to let us know. You can call our office, which is open every day from 8:00am–4:30pm, at 865-436-5277.