10 Mar 2022
Did you know that Ripley’s of the Aquarium of the Smokies was voted the #1 Aquarium in all of the United States? Here are just a few reasons why:
- Penguin Encounter – Indoor/Outdoor Habitat, you can pet a Penguin, have a souvenir photo with one and learn all about them from an expert.
- Penguin Painting – Take home an 8 x 10 canvas painting of penguin footprints that you help create.
- Splash with the Stingrays – Bring your bathing suit for an encounter with live stingrays – Included is a “Behind the Scenes” tour, Souvenir T-shirt. Must be 40” tall and at least 5 years old
- Behind the Scenes Tour – see the Life Support Rooms, the Control Center and the Food Prep for thousands of Animals in the Staff Only sections of the Aquarium. Wedding Proposals – After the Dive show the diver will display your proposal message in the tank for all to see and that special someone to say “YES!!!!.”
- Sleep with the Sharks or Penguins – Overnight campout in the shark tunnel with numerous special activities through the evening and morning hours. Groups or Family Sleepovers
- Birthday Parties – Celebrate your special day the Ripley’s way
- Summer Camps – various up close and personal summer camp opportunities
- Scouting – several programs that help Girl and Boy Scouts earn badges or complete Service Projects
- Glass Bottom Boat Rides – Ride over the Shark Lagoon where 3 inches of glass separate you from a 12 foot shark and thousands of other sea creatures. Departing every 20 minutes, 10 people per boat
The activities above may have additional rules or restrictions so please check with the Ripley’s staff. Paid admission to the Aquarium is a separate charge from the above add-ons. There are also numerous ways to save money by combining these activities into your own personal adventure. You could spend an entire day (and possibly night) at the Aquarium so plan your adventure today.
Contact Ripley’s at 1-888-240-1358 or www.aquariumofthesmokies.com