17 May 2020
Everyone could probably use a good escape from the stress, anxiety, and unknown that COVID-19 causes. That’s why we, at Mountain Laurel Chalets, have created a list of 5 ways to spend your Memorial Day weekend in Gatlinburg, TN!
Memorial Day is fast approaching on Monday, May 25th and for many people it also means a three-day weekend and much needed break from Zoom Calls and staying inside. But most importantly it is our chance to remember those who paid the highest price for our freedom. So year-round we offer all Veterans a 10% discount on reservations.
So without further ado, 5 ways to spend your Memorial Day in Gatlinburg.
- 1--Explore the Great Smoky Mountains National Park (you can see our previous post on what is open and what is still closed.)
- 2--Have a BBQ or picnicThese picnic areas are open in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park--Cades Cove, Chimney Tops Picnic Area, Collins Creek (Pavillion closed), Deep Creek (pavillion closed), Metcalf Bottoms (Pavillion closed)
- 3--Support a local Gatlinburg restaurant. Some of our favorites include The Donut Friar, Cherokee Grill, and Smoky Mountain Brewery
- 4--Take in the views of Mt. Leconte from a Hot Tub. Hurry, there are still a few homes available still available for Memorial Day weekend!
- 5--Hit the town and take in the Gatlinburg Strip as it reopens. That's right, the city is reopening! Most restaurants are opening up at 50% capacity right now as well as other activities like candy shops, putt-putt, and our favorite fudge shops!